ROOF Repairs IN NEW YORK CITY
SERVICING MANHATTAN, THE BRONX, QUEENS, STATEN ISLAND, BROOKLYN AND YONKERS
Roof Repairs in new york
- Asphalt Shingle Repairs: Homeowners become aware of a need for a roof repair when a problem gains their attention, such as a roof leak, broken, curling, missing shingles or a mold and mildew infestation widely apparent on the shingles. Just a little advice, please do not power wash your asphalt shingled roof to get rid of mold or mildew stains because you will dislodge the ceramic granules that protects against hail, other falling debris, damaging UV radiation and insulates the roof against extreme heat. Power washing asphalt shingles will only hasten your roof’s deterioration.
- Top quality Metal Roof Repairs:
- Leaking in metal roofs are often caused by oxidation from an earlier impact cause by hail or storm debris. The repair patch has to be slightly bigger than the hole to account for expansion and contraction of the metal during temperature changes . Engaging an expert roofer to fix your metal roof will provide the best and most economical solution. Many leaks also, occur at flashings around roof penetrations, seams splitting or panel fasteners that have backed out. With the passing of years fasteners have a tendency to back out of their seated position- probably due to wind uplift vibrating the panels. For information on roofing services offered in Queens click here!
- SPF Roofing Repairs: Service contractors for mechanical systems on the roof may drop or scrape equipment across the roof during the repair. It would be smart to investigate the roof after a service repair of the HVAC system. Also, hail and windblown debris (branches or building materials during a terrible storm) can damage the SPF roofing system. Generally, these types of injuries to the SPF roofing system can be repaired with out reducing the long-term performance of the system. Smaller punctures, less than 3 inches, or cracks can be repaired with a compatible SPF elastomeric sealant. However, damaged pieces of foam should be completely removed and additional SPF applied then coated with the protecting membrane.
- EDPM or rubber membrane Roof Leaks check points for repair:
- Ponding on the roof which could cause leaking- perhaps leading to serious structural damage.
- Splitting in roofing material or waterproof membrane.
- Roof blistering develops in the felt layer creating a separation of materials.
- Membrane fasteners may become loose because they were not long enough to begin with or because of deterioration.
- Condition of caulking around vents and other roof penetrations.
- Condition of drains- any clogs?
- The TPO Roof Repair: Many novice maintenance workers, business owners and handymen fail to correctly repair TPO roofs for several reasons, such as:
- Repairs fail to bond or seal well because the prep work hasn’t been done right. The original membrane surface has to be cleaned spotless to accept the repair patch.
- TPO roof repair for a hole requires a patch of TPO material and a hot air welder. Hot air welders are expensive and most maintenance personal just don’t carry one- let alone know how to use them. We are experts, learning our trade from 25 years of real life roof repairs.
- Awesome & Completely Honest Roof Inspections offered Free. We encourage you to get several roof repair estimates then you can see that we ask honest and reasonable prices for our many services.