Asphalt Shingle ROOFING REPAIRS & REPLACEMENTS, in NY
SERVICING MANHATTAN, THE BRONX, QUEENS, STATEN ISLAND, BROOKLYN AND YONKERS
Asphalt Shingle Roofing in New York
- Skyward Roofing repairs torn, curled, cracked, split or otherwise damaged shingles on residential and commercial roofs for New York City burrows and beyond. We will quickly come at your invitation to inspect your roof and provide you with an assessment for a roof leak repair as well as answer any questions you may have. We guarantee our leak repairs so no worries that it will stay fixed. We have served clients for 25 years so we understand what challenges our homes or business roofs have to conquer within this widely diverse climate.
- If you have ANY questions about a possible new roof, roof repair, estimates, roofing material or any other question for a roofing contractor then do not hesitate to give us a call! We will be more than happy to help you with your roofing questions or roofing needs!
Asphalt Shingle Roof Repair
- Our roof inspections are based on a very thorough roof check list looking for evidence of faults. Most roof problems will have a visual component all we have to do is find it. These faults can be explained and pointed out to our clients when in plain sight, however when they are not pictures will be taken. For information on roofing services offered in Staten Island click here!
- When you notice shingles that are curling, broken, missing and any with popped nails, it's time to contact a roofing contractor that lives in your area- repair a small problem before it becomes large.
- There are a numerous list of improper installation faults, misplacement of the shingles, not using correct methods for the starting strip of shingles, inadequate attic ventilation, and etc. Sadly, too often improper roof installations take some exposure over time for leaks to show up, and sometimes that inexpensive roofer you hired has moved on or is out of business making his warranty useless.
- Estimates: We will give you the tools you need to decide what’s best for your property. The written assessment and estimate for asphalt repair services can be delivered by hand or email (your preference). We encourage contact for questions that may arise, but other than that we will not hound you.
- Clients have 3 options of asphalt shingles to choose when replacing an aged roof. Pretty much the quality goes from good to better and finally best:
- 3-Tab shingles (strip) are arranged with cutouts or tabs along the long bottom edge this will make the shingle appear to look like 3 separate pieces when installed. They are the least expensive shingle type available. Consequently, they are thinner than other types of shingles and have a shorter lifespan.
- Dimensional or architectural shingles are Laminated shingles which are thicker, multi-layered to produce a 3-dimensional look on a roof- providing more texture than 3-Tab shingles. They are also more expensive, heavier in weight, and have longer warranty ranging from 30-years to Lifetime.
- Premium shingles are also laminated shingles made to look like natural shingles made of wood or slate for a roofing system that mimics traditional luxury shingles. They usually have lifetime warranties because they are a very substantial shingle with improvements of impact resistance, UV-rays’ reflectivity and a longer lifespan (50 years or longer) over the regular 3-tab shingle. Luxury shingles are the most expensive type of asphalt shingle available- many times they are just out of budget for most families.
- Many missing ceramic granules from the top of shingles (they appear as hard round grains the same color as your roof) piling up in the roofs downspouts and sprinkling across the surrounding ground under the home's soffits This indicates an ageing roof that needs to be replaced. Ceramic granules cover the top of the asphalt shingle to repel minor collisions with blowing debris and repel damage caused by the sun’s UV rays. When a lot of ceramic granules are missing, the shingle will appear bald. For information on roofing services offered in Queens click here!