ROOF INSPECTORS, FREE INSPECTIONS COST AND ESTIMATES
SERVICING MANHATTAN, THE BRONX, QUEENS, STATEN ISLAND, BROOKLYN AND YONKERS
Roof Inspections for Homes
- Most Residential roofs, basically, are just inspected when a problem is discovered but it is suggested that to stay ahead of emergency leaks or partial failure of your home’s roof it should be inspected every 3 to 5 years. We offer inspections to avoid unexpected repairs or to catch a problem early on before it can influence further damage. Need roofing repairs or replacements in Brooklyn NY click here!
- During the Free, No Commitments, Roof Assessment, we will explain problems and probable solutions toward the repair of your home’s roof. Perhaps you’ve noticed the edges curling on the roof’s asphalt shingles, leaky roof, moldy shingles or tiles, shingle granules in the gutters or on the ground, rusting metals, or a roof depression with a bird’s nest- all are symptoms of an ageing and failing roof.
Commercial or Industrial Roof Inspections
- Flat commercial Roofs should be inspected at least twice a year. This is more often than sloped ones mainly because what drops, blows in or crawls on will stay on the roof till somebody takes it off- gravity does not help on a flat roof. We suggest letting Skyward Roofing of New York look at your roof sometime in the Spring, Fall and after severe weather.
- You are encouraged to follow our Inspector during the roof’s assessment as it will aid communications and all-around understanding. They will look at points of deterioration, compromised accessories in need of repair, safety concerns, mold and mildew remediation and debris removal assessment. Our primary goal is promoting a cost effective long-lasting repair to the fault in the roof. In the event, repair is not possible a budget friendly replacement solution will be detailed.
- The environment can have a big impact to what happens on your home’s roof or commercial flat roof. Trees overhanging the roofs can drop fruit, nuts, leaves, needles, and broken branches all of which can deteriorate the functioning of your roofs waterproof system. Trees can also be a highway for squirrels or boring insects to access your roof. Trees are beautiful but they are a main source of harm to your roof and should be kept trimmed back.
Reports of Roof Inspections
- Most reports for roof repair can be prepared in a day, whereas a full roof replacement report may take a few days. We need this time to factor in labor, material, and equipment costs- we try to come up with the most economical solutions factored in with your desires. However, we will discuss some options or solutions for you to consider while we write up the report. Don’t worry, we do give some indication of how severe we consider the roof problems to be. For information on roofing services offered in Queens click here!
Estimates of Costs
- Roof Replacement Costs depends on many factors:
- The Slope or Pitch of the roof- the steeper the roof the costlier it is because it’s more difficult to install a steep roof that may require scaffolding and personal protection equipment.
- Type of roof being installed is usually priced by material used. Shingled roofs are typically lower in cost to all other forms of roofing, such as wood shake, composite shingle, or slate which is the most expensive. Additionally, it will cost more to install ridge vents versus cutting a 3-tab shingle to cover the ridge.
- Flat Roof Installation Cost depends on type of flat roof system, whether a roof tear off is needed and the number of roof penetrations.