Flat ROOFing repairs & Replacements IN NYC
SERVICING MANHATTAN, THE BRONX, QUEENS, STATEN ISLAND, BROOKLYN AND YONKERS
Flat ROOFing contractor IN NEW YORK
- Our Flat Roof Inspectors are promoted from a selection of employees that have a long history of experience in the roofing industry including mechanical knowledge of building maintenance issues. Skyward roofing inspectors will walk the entire roof looking for deteriorated sealants, rooftop equipment maintenance issues, tears in membrane, debris, and a host of other common or uncommon problems. The type and amount of damage or decay will determine whether we suggest a long-lasting repair or an affordable replacement option.
- The written assessment of the building’s roof will explain the reliability of the roof’s system and bring to awareness any potential failures. Also, it will promote budget friendly repairs to the roof faults including any maintenance upgrades that could substantially slow further deterioration of the roofs system. The roof assessment is free of charges and any commitments. Contact Skyward Roofing- we will quickly respond and at your convenience schedule an appointment for a Roof Assessment. For information on roofing services offered in the Bronx click here!
Flat Roofing Repairs
- Flat roofs, while a little easier to walk on, are a very complex waterproof system that will need an expert who is familiar with installing and repairing flat roofs. Getting a novice to repair a flat roof could cause further concerns, because they quite often used the wrong material that will not make a good bond, such as using gobs of roofing cement instead of proper flashing and sealant around a vent or a pipe. Roofing cement develops cracks and allows moisture in. Plus, sometimes leaks are very hard to find on a flat roof- holes may be hidden by gravel, drains may be plugged and malfunctions of building maintenance equipment could be causing a problem.
- Unknown Dangers that can occur during a flat roof inspection and repair are varied and many. Walking on an ageing flat roof can be dangerous because unknown roof damage could have weakened the load capacity of the roof causing a person to fall through. Also, walking too close to roof penetrations, that might not be sturdy because of improper installation or rotting substrate, could send a foot crashing through the rooftop. Don’t put your family, employees or yourself in danger. Call Skyward Roofing in New York for a free no commitments roof inspection, at your convenience, our experienced inspectors will meet you on site and evaluate the problem roof. For information on roofing services offered in Queens click here!
- Safety First: Don’t go up on your roof during a hard rain or strong winds. The footing is treacherous and the wind is rougher on the top of a roof. Stay safely below the fierce winds inside the dwelling until expert roofers arrive.
Flat Roof Replacements
- Flat roofs need replacement, at some point, because their ageing materials (flashings or sealants) will cause catastrophic leaking. When new leaks are appearing with every storm or a roofing membrane becomes brittle and splits, it’s really time to consider replacing the roof. Skyward Roofing employees have been trained and rigorously tested in the implementation of flat roof systems common to this environment- paying particular attention to safety codes for each style. Many State Codes have requirements to be maintained for public safety due to local climates and geographical issues, some are wind resistance, fastening of roof membranes, fire resistance and strength to withstand the weight of snow, ice and slow draining water.
- Skyward Roofing has experience working with insurance agents or adjusters investigating storm damage roof claims. Exact and thorough repair estimates, including pictures, are provided promptly to the insurance company.
- Roofing Replacement Estimate: The roofing estimate will be a compilation of a breakdown of all charges, including premium material upcharges. Such as, cost of labor and materials, product and workmanship warranties, cost for permits to be pulled and clean up and removal of construction debris. Information on the type of underlayment, flashing, ventilation being used should also be discussed.