Metal ROOFING REPAIRS & REPLACEMENTS in NY
SERVICING MANHATTAN, THE BRONX, QUEENS, STATEN ISLAND, BROOKLYN AND YONKERS
Metal Roofing in New york
- Skward Roofing, will repair or replace metal or tin shingle and panel roofs on any type of home, church, industrial and office roofs for the New York Burrows and beyond. We have serviced metal roofs for clients for 25 years proving commitment to community, hard work, and ethical business practices.
- In years past, metal roofs looked like corrugated panels, and belonged on sheds, barns, and standing seam commercial applications. Today they have several styles that can look, modern (sleek smooth metal), wood, stone, and clay. They are equally attractively installed on building styles of Modern, Spanish Colonial or a Victorian. Metal roofing, is very versatile on a great many roof slopes and offers several colors and styles- compatible with any location or style of building. For information on roofing services offered in Queens click here!
Metal Roofing Repairs
- Metal Roof Repair is often needed because of improper installation or storm damage. Improper installation faults usually lie along valleys, flashings or loose fasteners. Unfortunately, these types leaks take a little while to show up and your roofer could be gone when you need repairs. Damage from fierce Storms are often visually apparent and any punctures or deep dents should be repaired. Deep dents need to be fixed because the galvanized coating could be cracked and as water pools in the dent it will eventually lead to rust causing the metal to deteriorate. We have been repairing and replacing roofs for 25 years and intend to be around for another 25- we are one of the top, stable and committed roofing company available in this area. Skyward Roofing encourages potential clients to contact them at the first sign of roof troubles.
- We will give you the tools you need to decide what’s best for your property. We have developed an extensive inspection flow chart developed throughout decades providing roofing services- nothing can confound or surprise us any longer. The written assessment and estimate for desired services can be delivered by hand or email (your preference). We encourage contact for questions that may arise, but other than that we will not hound you.
- After the contract is signed, costs do not change except when changes are made.
Metal Roof Replacements
- Metal: These roofs come in shingles or panels and can be manufactured to appear many different ways. They have a life expectancy of over 30 years and are very fire resistant but are costlier to install. These roofs have to be well insulated because metal is a such a good heat conductor it may radiate heat into areas below reducing the energy efficiency of the building.
- Metal roof panels can be installed with exposed or hidden fasteners. It is a matter of taste, both types of fasteners work well.
- Metal Roof Replacement is generally needed for older metal roofs that have weathered for years in the sun, wind and rain. Metal coatings have improved in the last decade which will allow these roofs to last longer by repelling UV rays and moisture. When replacing a metal roof, a tear off of the old roof will be necessary if there are obvious depressions or valleys which is a sign that the roof may have damaged trusses. Damaged trusses can be checked by observing the roof deck from underneath, inside the building, close inspection will determine if they need replacement also. Adding a good quality metal roof over an existing failing one is a good way to save installation costs of a tear-off while getting a beautiful roof that will last decades. For information on roofing services offered in Brooklyn click here!
- Residential Metal Roofs are of a more decorative nature and are chosen because of their style and longer lifespan in spite of the cheaper asphalt shingles roofs. Metal roofs can imitate many styles of roofing materials from slate tile to cedar shake. These Faux roofs are attractive to homeowners looking for a less expensive slate roof look alike or homeowners that love the look of cedar shake but desire a longer lifespan. Metal Roofs do not develop Ice Dams.