Spray Polyurethane Foam (spf) ROOFING REPAIRS & REPLACEMENTS, IN NY
SERVICING MANHATTAN, THE BRONX, QUEENS, STATEN ISLAND, BROOKLYN AND YONKERS
SPRAY POLYURETHANE FOAM (SPF) ROOFING in New york city
- Commercial property owners have always sought out affordable, durable and long-lasting roofing systems that are also low maintenance with a high insulation factor. SPF Roofing systems have been used for about 40 years- enough time to educate the industry how to best install and maintain them. One problem property owners have is finding those contractors in New York with successful experience repairing and installing SPF (spray foam) roofing. Skyward Roofing has 25 years of roofing experience- no worries over our abilities.
- A SPF roof is a 2-layer system:
- The bottom layer is the polyurethane foam.
- The top layer is a coating of elastomeric silicone or acrylic coating with embedded granules which is needed to protect against the sun’s surface degrading UV rays, and it also strengthens the surface against damage from various sources.
- To schedule a free, no obligation consultation, fill out our online form. A detailed written estimate will be provided quickly after inspection We carry high hopes that Skyward Roofing will stand out as the most detailed economical proposal you will receive for your SPF roofing needs.
SPRAY POLYURETHANE FOAM (SPf) roofing repairs in New York
- A SPF roof doesn’t require flashing material around penetrations, such as chimneys, vents, hoses and cables when sprayed directly around them reducing the likely-hood of leaks from the most common sourced locations. The Foam is also valued for its ability to expand and contract with the building as it heats and cools reducing the possibility of stress fractures. For information on roofing services offered in Manhattan click here!
- The SPF Roof is a closed cell type of foam which stops any water from traveling from point of origin throughout the system so any leaks will continue to stay localized.
- One way these roofs get damaged is because of service contractors, of mechanical systems located on the roof, who drop, scrape equipment or tools across the roof. Also, hail and windblown debris (branches or building materials during a terrible storm) can damage the SPF roofing system. Generally, these types of injuries to the SPF roofing system do not cause leaks and can be repaired without reducing the long-term performance of the system. Smaller punctures, less than 3 inches, or cracks can be repaired with a compatible SPF elastomeric sealant. However, damaged loose foam should be completely removed and additional SPF applied then coated with the protecting membrane.
SPRAY POLYURETHANE FOAM (SPF) ROOFING REPlacements IN NEW YORK
- SPF roofing systems have great adhesion properties to many common roof substrates (roofing deck), including metal, wood, concrete and BUR (built up roofing). Since SPF adds little weight to existing roof coverings it can be used to recover a roofing system without a tear off of the old one. However, the existing roof must be cleaned of all oil spills and loose debris to ensure a good adherence.
- The SPF is produced when a special sprayer combines 2 liquids as it’s sprayed onto the existing roof substrate. This combination produces an expanding foam that will fill in and seal gaps, seams, and cracks in the substrate. The operator will continue to spray in a covering pattern till eventually foam will cover the roof.
- Proper training and experience is needed in the application process because beginners quite often leave ridges and valleys in the foam during application. Skyward Roofing SPF applicators have to pass several performances tests applying the foam before they are allowed to control the application. For information on roofing services offered in the Bronx click here!