Skyward Roofing FAQ's
How to know when a roof needs replacing or if a repair will do?
for FREE ESTIMATE
How long does it take for a roof replacement?
- Re-roofing moves quickly with an experienced contractor who has highly trained crews: 1- 3 days for the average 2 story home. There are variables that affect how long roofing services take, such as weather, if there is a 2nd old roofing layer to be removed, difficult access and others.
Can Roofing be done in the Winter?
- Asphalt Shingles ideal install temperature is between 70 and 80 degrees with temp below 40 degrees a special adhesive has to be used with each shingle- a costly addition. Cold weather friendly roofing materials like cedar shingles and metal are install with very little heat sensitive adhesive, if any, for the proper installation.
Will I have to redo the gutter and downspouts at the same time?
- If the gutter and downspouts are in good shape, we can work around them without any damage. Should the gutters need some repairs this can be taken care of as well.
Why not just hire the contractor with the lowest cost estimate?
- The roof is a system comprised of many components, not just the shingles. There is the water proofing underlayment (ice shield), the water resistant underlayments (felt), possibly skylights, the ventilation, shingles and the flashings- all are important to the success of a long-life system. The best shingles in the world could be used but if one of the roof’s component is hurriedly installed, without the proper attention to necessary detail, your roof is doomed to fail. Roof failure may not happen right away but a few years down the road when your roofer could be long gone. You can easily identify high quality materials, but it’s a little harder to determine whether a roofer cares about a quality install of your roof.
- To schedule a free, no obligation roofing consultation, fill out our online form. A detailed written estimate will be provided soon after inspection.
- You will not find another roofer that will replace your roof, the way the manufacturer expects, cheaper than we will. Our estimates cover quality underlayment, new flashings, new drip edge and proper number of nails placed in each shingle (some roofers save money by using less nails than they should). Cutting corners during roofing installation and hiring unskilled day labor is how some roofers claim a bigger paycheck. Replacing a roof way before its expected lifespan is the most expensive roof you'll ever buy.