Commercial ROOFER IN NEW YORK CITY
SERVICING MANHATTAN, THE BRONX, QUEENS, STATEN ISLAND, BROOKLYN AND YONKERS
- Commercial roofs are often flat roofs similar to residential roofs with more roof penetrations, such as venting for ovens, exhaust hoods, and air exchange systems. Depending on type of business restaurant, small grocery, or meat market they could be faced with more pest issues which will factor into specifics of the inspection. Experience is the key to successful commercial roof evaluations- having an idea of what problems to look for makes it more probable they will be discovered and tried and true solutions can then be promoted. Skyward Roofing Inspectors are our most experience and highly trained employees. Inspectors have to understand how venting occurs within a building, malfunctions of mechanical building components (HVAC, electrical, venting, plumbing, and drains) and what impact they have on different types of roofing systems. Rest easy we will figure out what is going wrong with your roofing system in no time and have an affordable solution to propose. Contact us and we will inspect your problem roof free of charge with no strings attached.
Commercial Roofing Repairs
- Leaks on a commercial roof can sometimes be fixed easily, for example debris dropped or blown on the roof may have penetrated the waterproof membrane, drains for water removal could be blocked, and vent and pipe penetrations may need sealing. Some leaks require a far more experienced commercial roofer, such as layers of waterproof membrane may need to be peeled back to find an elusive split in the membrane and clogged drain pipes may need to be disassemble to be cleared. Also, pests that may have penetrated the roof by chewing through sealant or worn areas of the roof will have to be removed by a pest control technician and the damage repaired. For information on roofing services offered in Queens click here!
- We have a large checklist to follow in the roof’s assessment, some are points of deterioration, compromised accessories in need of repair, safety concerns, mold and rot remediation and debris removal assessment. These and other items on our checklist will be inspected and assessed in detail. Our first goal is promoting a cost effective long-lasting repair to the fault in the roof or in the event repair is not possible a budget friendly replacement solution will be detailed.
Commercial Roofing Replacements
- Most flat roofs need replacement at some point because patches on patches just don’t hold up over the long haul. When new leaks are appearing with every storm or once a roofing membrane becomes brittle or splits, it’s really time to consider replacing the roof. Skyward Roofers, in New York, have been trained and rigorously tested in the implementation of flat roof systems common to this environment- paying particular attention to safety codes for each style. Many State Codes have requirements to be maintained for public safety due to local climates and geographical issues, some are wind resistance, fastening of roof membranes, fire resistance and strength to withstand the weight of snow, ice and slow draining water. For information on roofing services offered in Manhattan click here!
- We protect against shoddy work by paying attention during the roof repair/replacement. We have made it quite clear to our roofing crews that we want quality over speed- they are not harassed to move faster. As a backup check for quality, each job site is supervised closely by a roofing crew manager with years of experience. Our roofers will not take short cuts to try and move things along faster and easier. Faster and easier seldom means adequate or better.